Sunday, August 14, 2011
Michelle Bachmann & Republicans intent to starve your grandma!
Michelle Bachmann was on the Sunday news shows. Not only did she spout Tea Party rhetoric, she outright lied. It was a disgusting display of two-faced dribble and an immense lack of any knowledge of how finance works.
Now, back when I was a Republican, I heard some of the truth stretching. It made me uncomfortable. However, the difference today is that the level of mendacious rhetoric is shocking. The character of Michelle Bachmann is clearly compromised. When one can stand up and espouse God as her conduit for her actions BUT THEN freely spout lies reflects the immoral nature of her character.
With that being said, I really hope the Republicans nominate her to run against Obama. Once the layers of this onion are peeled back on election day, there won't be a snowballs chance in hell that she will win. If by some long shot she were to win, I think we should all move to Canada. I sure don't want to be around to watch the middle class in this country become impoverished and our elderly eat dog food.
The fact of the matter is that all you have to do is really listen to all of the candidates. THIS is what they are TELLING you that they ARE going to do to the country:
1. NOT vote to increase the debt ceiling, then held it hostage WHICH DID ruin the full faith and credit of this country. Your retirement accounts are now evaporating so don't expect to retire when you thought. (see note on Social Security)
2. They WILL fix the economic ills with cuts in spending and NO revenue increases. This does mean that ALL progress they make will mean job loss, service loss and erosion of the good work that our country does for us. Secretaries will be continued to pay more than the uber-rich and fat cats on Wall Street.
3. IF you receive disability, kiss it goodbye or at the very least a steep decrease in your disability.
4. IF you are on Medicare or Medicaid, you WILL pay more for services and/or they will be eliminated completely. For example, a man in South Carolina was denied breast cancer treatment because he was a man!
5. IF you think you will be able to retire at 65, think again. Your smaller retirement accounts due to the Tea Party highjack of the Debt Ceiling vote, coupled with reduced Social Security means you are going to have to keep working.
6. When your children graduate college, the number of people who are competing against them for jobs will skyrocket........keep their rooms ready, they will be back home to live with you. Even if they do get a job, don't expect them to be able to support themselves without help. The middle class income level has been flatlined since Reagan and it WILL stay there OR get worse as Republican lawmaking favors the rich and uber-rich.
7. IF you are on unemployment or become unemployed, forget ANY assistance on that front. That will be eliminated altogether. Find out where your soup kitchens are located if you hope to eat.
Think about your family and friends. HOW many people do you know that will fall into any of these categories? Every grandma, elderly aunt, parent with college age children, YOU....the list goes on and on. You may want to deny the reality, but just turn on Fox News and REALLY LISTEN to what they are saying! They are not hiding their goals so don't be surprised if and when they achieve them. Your vote for them will be complicit toward that end. That is a fact! There is NO other way to resolve the debt problems when they ALL refuse to implement fair taxing. Plain and simple.